Sunday, June 24, 2007

See how our garden grows!


So we are continuing to be excited about our garden. We have little jalapenos that are about an inch long. We have flowers on the zucchini, tomatillos, roma tomatoes and the eggplant - which I am hoping will mean they might produce soon! We compared the before and after pictures to see how much they have grown and I am impressed. We have had to water them pretty regularly though as we are not having any luck with rain.

We had a squirrel that used to hang out in our yard all the time last fall and apparently he has wreaked havoc for me! We have a purple emporer planted and it seems there are hundreds of little offshoots from this plant. That darn squirrel must have broken apart one of the root balls and moved them around! They are everywhere. I spent some time last weekend "weeding" to get it under control but I think I need to continue doing more this weekend too. I don't think I knew how much I would invest emotionally in this garden, but I have. I know M has too. My mother must be proud!

Time to make some breffis before getting some good going done for the day!

No comments: