Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The long drive home

After a wonderful weekend in Boston/Martha's Vineyard/Sturbridge, we were very tired from what my cousin called "circuit training".  We walked ALL around Boston, biked around Martha's Vineyard, and swam, water skied, sailed & rode bikes in Sturbridge.  

Google Maps said 11 1/2 hours home.  We decided to stop for both lunch and dinner and although it made the trip longer, I am sure it made the trip less confining.  Thirteen hours later - it was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.  I took a short nap while M drove and he took a short nap while I drove.  We talked about how much fun we had on the trip and read some articles from "O" (Oprah) magazine.  The good news is that we survived the drive and are willing to do it again next year!

Look for more blogs with fun stories from the trip.

No comments: