Sunday, February 24, 2008

Indoor Triathlon

Indoor tri-athletesM and I have been working hard to get in shape. We have been eating better and working out. So when our gym advertised an indoor triathlon, we decided to go for it. Well, I should say M really wanted to do it and it took some convincing to get me to do it. He called me at work and said he was going to register, did I want him to register me. I told him I didn't care. Honestly, I didn't want to be the one that made the decision. Needless to say, he registered us.

Since we were already running on a regular basis, we figured we didn't need to do much training for the running part. We had gone swimming and biking at least once ~ pathetic really ~ so we figured we could just tough it out.

Well, wow! We did it today! We swam our hardest, biked as hard as we could and then ran on the treadmill. I was so overwhelmed with how I felt about it. I am so proud of M and he has said he is so proud of me. There is no way that one year ago ~ shoot, six months ago ~ I would have ever thought we could do this. We won't know our results for a few days but I think we would tell you "we win!" That was some good going.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Fleh and Meh - I am so happy to see that you are blogging again. I love hearing about your adventures - you guys keep going with your bad selves! You both look great and I am impressed with your sticktoitiveness - where can I get some of that?!