Sunday, March 9, 2008

Snow Days!

All of the local news stations were feverishly talking about
a blizzard. As M and I pondered over the actual definition of blizzard, we realized it didn't matter ~ we were getting a lot of snow and the winds were really blowing. We got anywhere from 15-20 inches in two days and drifts up to 3 feet. We got on our gear and walked out of our neighborhood to the nearest major street just to see how things were going. There were a few SUVs driving around but it didn't look too bad. Of course, the snow wasn't going to stop for another few hours so more was coming.
My gear consisted of pulling out snow pants that I haven't worn in years. This losing weight thing has its advantages! Hat, mittens, scarf, long johns. We felt like kids again! I know some people hate snow but I love it and it was beautiful. Of course we had to take lots of pictures. One of my favorites is this one: snow covering the malibu lights along our front walkway. We took this right before we went to bed. The snow had stopped but the world seemed quiet and still.

No comments: